Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Trailer For The Sci-Fi Horror EJECTA
Seeing a strange object in the sky that is unknown can be a very scary thing. At first gla…
Here Is The Crazy Trailer For The Twisted Paranormal Thriller DELIVERY: THE BEAST WITHIN
Coming to theaters and VOD next month is the paranormal thriller directed by Brian Netto,…

FEED (2005) The sickest film ever made?

Bookmark and Share

Share your opinion with the world in this area as horror films get dissected by the fans who love them.

FEED (2005) The sickest film ever made?

New postby sinful Celluloid » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:28 pm

It's Thanksgiving and what does that mean? I'm not looking for the politically correct answer, you know the one, "Thanksgiving is about family and being thankful for what they have". Thanksgiving is about eating, sometimes, at as many houses as we can fit into a day. It's the one day of the year that we torture ourselves and say it's okay because it's the one day of the year that I do this. We don't really have a good Thanksgiving movie, not yet (Eli, I'm counting on you), but there is a film that you can watch on this holiday. It's not simply a film that will disturb you and it has everything to do with eating... that film is FEED.

The Fangoria called it "one of the sickest films I have ever seen". That isn't an untrue statement or clever marketing ploy. This film is absolutely disgusting depending on your tolerance level. The thing not disgusting for the sake of wanting to be disgusting, like those low budget toe tags or brain damage films, this film is disgusting and disturbing in a very real and non-gratuitous way.

The film centers on Philip Jackson, a cyber crimes investigator for Interpol who has just finished a case that nearly destroyed him. Not physically mind you, but mentally. It was a cannibalism case, but not an ordinary cannibalism case, the assailant and the victim are one and the same. Philip followed up a lead on a website for cannibalistic enthusiasts and found a man feeding himself willfully to another, his penis cooking on the stove. Yup, that'll be enough to set me off on a drinking binge for weeks. Like the man says, some things you can't just un-see.

Meanwhile, we have Michael Carter. A smart good looking guy with a very strange fetish, he likes to date and feed women well beyond morbidly obese. His girlfriend is bed ridden and pushing 600 pounds and counting. The thing is, she's not his first girlfriend in this state and because of the nature of the relationship, she won't be his last. He aids her in her weight gain, not just for her benefit, but the benefit of all those watching on the Internet. Yes, she is the subject of admiration online and maybe even something more sinister.

Through the Internet these two cross paths, dragging Philip deeper and deeper into a world that dwarfs everything else he's ever experienced. It's certainly not more bloody or grotesque than anything he's dealt with, it's just that this is so much more disturbing for so many different reasons that the mere implications become unbearable.

FEED deals with cannibalism, obsession, love, sex, and consumption. Perfection, acceptance, these things are subjective and the film's layers explore that. This film is not just an exercise in grotesque exploitation nor is it simply a gross out horror film. It's a film with something to say on every subject near and dear to us as human beings if we choose to hear it.

Feed is an excellent film that plays as horror, as drama, and satire. Beautifully shot and emotionally unsettling, it deserves more recognition than it currently has. Maybe, just maybe, it is a film that everybody knows, but chooses to own as a dark and guilty pleasure to protect their own obsessions.
Is it a good Thanksgiving film? That depends on your fortitude. But as far as horror films dedicated to the act of eating, there is no second course.
sinful Celluloid
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 197
Relationship: Married
Favorite Sub-Genre: Classic
Favorite Quote: Become a Celluloid Sinner
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: FEED (2005) The sickest film ever made?

New postby UberJason78 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:24 am

I've seen it, but haven't thought about it that much..yes it was a nice horrorflick, based on true events..Feeders and Eaters..it's some kind of sick fetisj. But what made this movie so 'heavy' was the fact that this stuff really happens, also for internetvideos and the women really like to be fed..I don't know if they are somewhat dumb or just tired of life..but usually the Eater dies because of obesitis. By the way...the Eating-woman doe have a very good make up job with her fatsuit..There were times in the movie that i wasn't sure if she was really that big, or that it was make up. On the extras on the DVD it was clear, the make up was done very well. Somehow the movie didn't feel that shocking to me, but knowing this stuff happens for real, made it more of an interesting documentary.
UberJason78
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: Shut your hole honey, mine's making money

Re: FEED (2005) The sickest film ever made?

New postby BloodyAdored » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:28 pm

I wouldn't say it is the sickest, but it is definitely one to make your stomach churn. Great read!
BloodyAdored
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 97
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Splatter
Favorite Quote: "Shut up and bleed"

Return to Horror Movie Reviews