Following the huge success of The Return of the Living Dead, Second Sight Films is now bringing the wonderfully warped Basket Case - The Trilogy to special edition Blu-ray and DVD for the first time. Best known for being one of the essential repeat rentals for any self-respecting horror fan in the early 1980's, Frank Henenlotter's cult classic and the glorious psychotic sequels it spawned are now collected together in one of the most twisted and enjoyable horror trilogies ever made.
This bumper release will hit the streets on 22 October 2012 as a limited edition three-disc steelbook and special edition DVD, complete with newly commissioned bonus material produced by bonus feature specialists Severin Films, and the best part is: THE DISC IS REGION FREE!!!
Special features in the set include:
• What’s in the Basket? – A look at the making of the trilogy with director Frank Henenlotter; actors Kevin VanHentenryck, Beverly Bonner, Annie Ross; producers Edgar Ievans and James Glickenhaus; make-up effects artists John Caglione, Jr., Kevin Haney, Gabe Bartalos; and writer Uncle Bob Martin
• An Interview with Graham Humphreys – A look at the career of the legendary film poster artist
Additional extras for the original film include:
• Video Introduction by Frank Henenlotter
• Audio Commentary by Frank Henenlotter, Edgar Ievans, and Beverly Bonner
• 2001 Video Short – The Hotel Broslin
• Trailer/Radio Spots
• Photo Gallery: Behind-the-Scenes, Promotional Material, Stills
Source: Second Sight Films