Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
CABIN FEVER Is Set To Be Remade! Details Inside
Most of you know that CABIN FEVER (2002) is a great Horror film which was directed by Eli…
Video: 10 Iconic Horror Movie Moments
Have you ever thought to yourself, what are the biggest and most memorable moments in Horr…

BREAKING: "The Simpsons" Creator Finally Reveals Springfield Location

Bookmark and Share

General talk about movies, television, music, technology, etc.

BREAKING: "The Simpsons" Creator Finally Reveals Springfield Location

New postby Shakelford, J. Rusty » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:23 am

Everyone knows that "The Simpsons" takes place in a town called Springfield. But ever since the first episode of the show, it was never revealed which state the Simpsons family actually lives in. In fact, that became a bit of a joke, with characters often contradicting each other regarding the location.

Now for the first time, "The Simpsons" creator Matt Groening revealed the specific town the show is based on. "Springfield was named after Springfield, Oregon," he said. "The only reason is that when I was a kid, the TV show 'Father Knows Best' took place in the town of Springfield, and I was thrilled because I imagined that it was the town next to Portland, my hometown. When I grew up, I realized it was just a fictitious name. I also figured out that Springfield was one of the most common names for a city in the US. In anticipation of the success of the show, I thought, 'This will be cool; everyone will think it’s their Springfield.' And they do."

And this is the reason why Groening never confirmed where the town is located. "I don't want to ruin it for people," he continued. "Whenever people say it's Springfield, Ohio, or Springfield, Massachusetts, or Springfield, wherever, I always go, 'Yup, that's right.'"

Read more: http://worstpreviews.com/#ixzz1rhcEgsvF
Shakelford, J. Rusty
Maniac:
Maniac:

Headlines: 532
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Return to Entertainment