Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
The Newest Addition To The Elm Street Prequel KRUEGER Is Here!
There are a lot of fans out there that are curious as to what all went on in Freddy Kruege…
The Upcoming Miniseries ROSEMARY'S BABY Has A Brand New Trailer!
If you are in the market for some new Horror to watch on your television, you should enjoy…

SHOCKING: Shark Night 3D's Official Rating Is Here And You Will Be Surprised!

Bookmark and Share

From the classic era to the very latest of today's horror movies. This area is dedicated for horror movie discussion of all kind.

SHOCKING: Shark Night 3D's Official Rating Is Here And You Will Be Surprised!

New postby ObscureCinema101 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:43 am

Shark Night 3D is a film I am definitely looking forward to. I (unfortunately) missed out on Piranha 3D, so I felt this was my chance for redemption. I saw the trailer and thought it looked pretty cool. I mean, it's your standard plot, but why try and improve on greatness? I was all pumped up for an outrageous amount of boobs, blood, and CGI underwater creatures tearing people to shreds! The movie has remained without a rating for quite some time, and I'm quite sure all of us were expecting a very hard R.

Well, as it turns out, Shark Night 3D has succumbed to the awful 21st Century stereotype: It's rated PG-13. This is a major letdown for me and I'm sure the horror community at large. However, despite this setback, I think I'll still catch it in the theaters, and I'm positive there's going to be an unrated director's cut when it hits DVD. Shark Night 3D swims into theaters on September 2.

Official plot synopsis courtesy of dreadcentral.com:
Arriving by boat at her family’s Louisiana lake island cabin, Sara (Sara Paxton) and her friends quickly strip down to their swimsuits for a weekend of fun in the sun. But when star football player Malik (Sinqua Walls) stumbles from the salt-water lake with his arm torn off, the party mood quickly evaporates. Assuming the injury was caused by a freak wake-boarding accident, the group realizes they have to get Malik to a hospital on the other side of the lake, and fast. But as they set out in a tiny speedboat, the college friends discover the lake has been stocked with hundreds of massive, flesh-eating sharks! As they face one grisly death after another, Sara and the others struggle desperately to fend off the sharks, get help and stay alive long enough to reach the safety of dry land.

ObscureCinema101
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 106
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: "I kick ass for the Lord!"
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: SHOCKING: Shark Night 3D's Official Rating Is Here And You Will Be Surprised!

New postby BloodyAdored » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:59 am

o_O x's 5000000
HOW THE HELL CAN YOU HAVE A SHARK MOVIE IN 3D WITHOUT NUDITY AND BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then again lately there has been a lot of films that should of been rated R but they were PG-13...

My prediction.... The few days it will get tons of people but after the first week it will die down because of bad reviews... possibly... but it is in 3D so maybe not. I don't know! lol
BloodyAdored
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 97
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Splatter
Favorite Quote: "Shut up and bleed"

Re: SHOCKING: Shark Night 3D's Official Rating Is Here And You Will Be Surprised!

New postby Shakelford, J. Rusty » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:12 am

Wow, just wow!
Shakelford, J. Rusty
Maniac:
Maniac:

Headlines: 532

New postby Matt_Molgaard » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:06 am

i'm predicting a big flop
Matt_Molgaard
Public Relations Consultant
Public Relations Consultant

Headlines: 380
Relationship: Married
Favorite Quote: Welcome to primetime bitch!

New postby darkdeepwoods16 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:00 am

[quote="BloodyAdored"]o_O x's 5000000
HOW THE HELL CAN YOU HAVE A SHARK MOVIE IN 3D WITHOUT NUDITY AND BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then again lately there has been a lot of films that should of been rated R but they were PG-13...

My prediction.... The few days it will get tons of people but after the first week it will die down because of bad reviews... possibly... but it is in 3D so maybe not. I don't know! lol[/q

Exactly. Removing the nudity and blood, and overall grindhouse aspect to this movie definitely hurts it. I can't imagine an elaborate story or great characters to make this film good, so I assumed blood and boobs would attempt to fill that gap. Disappointing, but I'll still probably see it when it comes out.
darkdeepwoods16
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 4
Favorite Quote: My, my. What big eyes you have.

New postby Warchief 13 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:28 am

I love good shark movies and I live for shark week)) ...but why PG-13? it's not exactly aimed at kids. Trailer still looks cool though.
Warchief 13
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0

New postby buried13 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:55 pm

Well at least it's poster one-sheet is pretty damn sweet!
buried13
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 27
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Quote: "Mommy, Can I Go Out and Kill Tonight?"
Next

Return to Horror Movie Talk