Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Jason Voorhees Returns In JASON XMAS! See The First 2 Parts Right Here!
If you are craving something new from the world of Jason Voorhees then you have come to th…
Inspired By True Events Comes HOUSE OF DUST - See The Trailer Here!
Redding House Asylum. For some, it is a reminder of a different time when medical treatmen…
Trailer For Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO Finally Arrives!
Try and imagine being part a group of college friends who are all are protesting for a na…

From Harry Potter To Stephen KIng? David Yates Possibly Directing The Stand

Bookmark and Share

From the classic era to the very latest of today's horror movies. This area is dedicated for horror movie discussion of all kind.

Re: From Harry Potter To Stephen KIng? David Yates Possibly Directing The Stand

New postby dew » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Jonny Sicko wrote:I think the best treatment for a 1200+ page book is a Showtime/Starz/HBO mini-series over the course of several seasons. I mean the whole entire purpose of the book wasn't the horror, it wasn't the action, wasn't even really the characters themselves...those are all incidental. The purpose was, if the world became like this and all of the tools were just left around waiting to be picked up and used again...would we rebuild the world the same way? At least that's what I gathered from it.

A new miniseries would be an unnecessary retread. The '94 series was pretty damn good in adapting the material in the novel, I don't see any point in doing it over.
dew
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 76
Favorite Sub-Genre: Vampire
Favorite Quote: We all go a little mad sometimes.
Previous

Return to Horror Movie Talk