Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Potential Is Shown In This Trailer For The Upcoming Torture Horror Flick LOVE OF MY LIFE
In this world one of the greatest things that we could ever know is love. People toss that…
Trailer For The Sci-Fi Horror EJECTA
Seeing a strange object in the sky that is unknown can be a very scary thing. At first gla…

Early Box Office Estimates Are In: Fright Night Underwhelms

Bookmark and Share

From the classic era to the very latest of today's horror movies. This area is dedicated for horror movie discussion of all kind.

Early Box Office Estimates Are In: Fright Night Underwhelms

New postby Matt_Molgaard » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:10 pm

The early box office estimates are in, and the highly hyped, much-discussed Fright Night didn’t exactly fare well. The Craig Gillespie helmed remake hit 3,114 theatres, but managed to draw an embarrassing $7.9 million in ticket sales. That’s a far cry from the estimated high-teen numbers most pundits anticipated.

The film even failed to crack the top five, debuting in the number six slot, just slightly outperforming Final Destination 5, which fell four slots to place seventh with $7.7 million ($32 million after two weeks release) in ticket sales.

While these numbers are bleak, it’s important to remember that August is statistically the worst month of the year for the box office.

Though Fright Night's debut numbers are abysmal (to put it kindly), genre fans can still find a touch of solace in the fact that Rise of the Planet of the Apes continues to thrill moviegoers: the Rupert Wyatt helmed reboot fell just one place, from first to second, and took in another $16 million at the box office to bring the film's three week total to over $133 million domestically.

Check out the box office top 10, according to boxofficemojo.com:

1. The Help - $20.4 million
2. Rise of the Planet of the Apes - $16.3 million
3. Spy Kids: All the time in the World - $12 million
4. Conan the Barbarian - $10 million
5. The Smurfs - $8 million
6. Fright Night - $7.9 million
7. Final Destination 5 - $7.7 million
8. 30 Minutes or Less - $6.3 million
9. One Day - $5.1 million
10. Crazy, Stupid, Love. - $4.9 million
Matt_Molgaard
Public Relations Consultant
Public Relations Consultant

Headlines: 380
Relationship: Married
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: Welcome to primetime bitch!
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: Early Box Office Estimates Are In: Fright Night Underwhelms

New postby chardy » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:27 pm

Its still way early but im hopeing it at least makes over its budget...I think they should have waited till there was less competition at the movies before releaseing it...should have waited till around Halloween...But Oh well
chardy
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: welcome to prime time bitch.....

New postby nightmareblade » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:50 pm

It look really good but the 3D thing I am not a fan of because I can't watch 3D movies .Also the ticket prices are just ridiculous for these movies .I mean 20.00 to see a movie in 3D no thanks .I but this one for sure .
nightmareblade
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 0

New postby weaponx » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:05 pm

Yeah I'm excited to see this but I really think they should have waited until close to halloween to release this. It's just bad timing with a million movies in theaters right now to compete with.
weaponx
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 1
Relationship: Engaged
Favorite Sub-Genre: Horror-Comedy

Return to Horror Movie Talk