Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
CABIN FEVER Is Set To Be Remade! Details Inside
Most of you know that CABIN FEVER (2002) is a great Horror film which was directed by Eli…
The Newest Trailer For THE QUIET ONES Is Here!
With a team like Lionsgate, Exclusive Media, Traveling Picture Show Company, Midfield Fil…

Clive Barker Expresses Distaste For New 'Hellraiser' Flick!

Bookmark and Share

From the classic era to the very latest of today's horror movies. This area is dedicated for horror movie discussion of all kind.

Clive Barker Expresses Distaste For New 'Hellraiser' Flick!

New postby Matt_Molgaard » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Clive Barker is the original mastermind behind the deeply disturbing 1987 genre installment, Hellraiser. Based on Barker’s work of fiction, "The Hellbound Heart", Hellraiser quickly became a fan favorite, and thanks to its extreme gore and original concept, one of the most memorable horror films ever shot.

The latest franchise entry however, Hellraiser: Revelations, has been absolutely crucified by critics and those unfortunate enough to catch an early screening of the film.

Well, you can consider Barker himself one of the many viewers to be extremely disappointed by the picture. The world renown author just took to his twitter to share his thoughts on the flick, and well, you just have to read Clive’s stance on the film!

"Hello,my friends. I want to put on record that the flic out there using the word Hellraiser IS NO FUCKIN' CHILD OF MINE! I have NOTHING to do with the fuckin' thing. If they claim its from the mind of Clive Barker, it's a lie. It's not even from my butt-hole."

I used to cling to that old saying “any press is good press”; I’m not certain that’s the case in this instance!

Víctor García directed the latest Hellraiser picture, which hits DVD on October 18th.

Matt_Molgaard
Public Relations Consultant
Public Relations Consultant

Headlines: 380
Relationship: Married
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: Welcome to primetime bitch!
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: Clive Barker Expresses Distaste For New 'Hellraiser' Flick!

New postby AMadSquirrel21 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:45 pm

Yeah, the trailer couldn't even hold my interest. I was waiting for something interesting and worthwhile to happen about half way through it. Definitely going to pass on seeing this failure.
AMadSquirrel21
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Vampire
Favorite Quote: Game over.

New postby HorrorDaily » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:54 pm

I will still watch it. I know already I won't like it, but I mean, the last two Hellraisers before sucked, so I had given up hope in the series already.
Matt, are you going to do a piece on Hellraiser vs The Hellbound Heart? I personally love them both, but would like to see your thoughts on the matter.
HorrorDaily
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 104
Relationship: Looking
Favorite Sub-Genre: Monster
Favorite Quote: Good, Bad, I'm The Guy With The Gun

New postby ObscureCinema101 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:07 pm

It's good to see Pinhead taking center stage again, but seriously? No Doug Bradley? No original story? I think its only hope now is for the "so-bad-it's-hilarous" category, and what are the chances of that happening?
ObscureCinema101
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 106
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: "I kick ass for the Lord!"

Return to Horror Movie Talk