Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Potential Is Shown In This Trailer For The Upcoming Torture Horror Flick LOVE OF MY LIFE
In this world one of the greatest things that we could ever know is love. People toss that…
Trailer For The Sci-Fi Horror EJECTA
Seeing a strange object in the sky that is unknown can be a very scary thing. At first gla…

Is HALLOWEEN 3D (H3D) Casting Itself Into a PG-13 Rating?

Bookmark and Share

From the classic era to the very latest of today's horror movies. This area is dedicated for horror movie discussion of all kind.

Is HALLOWEEN 3D (H3D) Casting Itself Into a PG-13 Rating?

New postby lostlife1325 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:55 am

Halloween 3D has had its ups and downs since its announcement, and I think we've probably hit the lowest of them all. I know not many of the fans are fond of Scout Taylor-Compton but even if she was to be replaced I really didn't think it would be by Ms. "Pretty Little Liars" herself, Lucy Hale.

Granted she did take a gory part in Scream 4, but my main concern is that now that she is definitely attached could the Weinstein Company be looking to capitalize on her tween popularity and push Halloween 3D into a PG-13 rating. I know that seems a little extreme but think about it, the Halloween franchise up until now has hired close to nobodies to play the lead and when they did hire known actors the film suffered from it. Prime example being Halloween Resurrection.

.....yeah that happened... :slasher:

Since we all are aware H2 didn't succeed in the box office like Weinstein hoped could this mean they are now desperate enough to try and pull a Scream on us and attracted an audience from T.V. star popularity.

The Halloween 3D line up also includes Briana Evigan (rumored), known mostly for the "Step Up" films but has recently done horror films like Mothers Day and Sorority Row.

I recently watched her in Mothers Day and I have to say I didn't hate her and she did well. So I'm not worried about her there, what I am worried about is that again her main audience is the tween crowd for her performances in the Step Up films.

So what is the Weinstein Company trying to do here? Appeal to the tween audience to revitalize the franchise and earn more money? All the information above can be found on http://www.imdb.com/ and its looking pretty grim. I may be reading too much into this but i want to ask fellow horror fans what you make of this news.

Do you think its possible Halloween 3D will see a PG-13 rating?
lostlife1325
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 1
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: "Not in my movie" - Sydney Prescott
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: Is HALLOWEEN 3D (H3D) Casting Itself Into a PG-13 Rating?

New postby littlewayn13 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:13 am

NO
littlewayn13
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Quote: "Do you like Phil Collins?"

New postby creephouse » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:03 am

Seriously? I can already smell how shitty this will be.
creephouse
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 2

New postby Blood-taker » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:56 am

Damn that would suck
Blood-taker
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 2
Relationship: Single
Favorite Quote: listen to them the children of the night

New postby Matt_Molgaard » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:27 am

No, they won't go PG-13 with it.

Resurrection didn't suck because of the cast, it sucked because the script was a pile of shit and the flick was pumped out at the speed in which The Flash runs. There was no heart or passion in the movie, and it showed. That script could have been rewritten by quality writers, still have all the same actors, and have been awesome; it was about what they put into the film, not who.
Matt_Molgaard
Public Relations Consultant
Public Relations Consultant

Headlines: 380
Relationship: Married
Favorite Quote: Welcome to primetime bitch!

New postby RAGINGDEMON500 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:31 am

no way, they can never have a PG-Rating on Halloween, it will def loose it's audience/fan base besides who the hell wants to sit with 13 year old's in the movie theater and listed to their BS instead of watching the Movie...That will never happened Weinsten Brothers cannot make anymore mistakes they will go Bankrupt...
RAGINGDEMON500
Stalker:
Stalker:

Favorite Sub-Genre: Horror-Comedy

New postby RAGINGDEMON500 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:33 am

Matt_Molgaard wrote:No, they won't go PG-13 with it.

Resurrection didn't suck because of the cast, it sucked because the script was a pile of shit and the flick was pumped out at the speed in which The Flash runs. There was no heart or passion in the movie, and it showed. That script could have been rewritten by quality writers, still have all the same actors, and have been awesome; it was about what they put into the film, not who.

Only the beginning of Resurrection was great plus i love the Mask Cs did a fine job on that making him look very serious...
RAGINGDEMON500
Stalker:
Stalker:

Favorite Sub-Genre: Horror-Comedy
Next

Return to Horror Movie Talk