Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Breaking News: FRIDAY THE 13TH Hour Long Series Officially Announced!
Jason Voorhees has been a household name for many years. After being featured in a dozen f…
Here Is The Crazy Trailer For The Twisted Paranormal Thriller DELIVERY: THE BEAST WITHIN
Coming to theaters and VOD next month is the paranormal thriller directed by Brian Netto,…
SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR Has A New Trailer! See It Here!
Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller reunite to bring Miller's visually stunning Sin City gra…

SCARY MOVIE 5 News - Trying To Capture The Magic Of The Past (Will Cast Members Reunite?)

Bookmark and Share

From the classic era to the very latest of today's horror movies. This area is dedicated for horror movie discussion of all kind.

SCARY MOVIE 5 News - Trying To Capture The Magic Of The Past (Will Cast Members Reunite?)

New postby Shakelford, J. Rusty » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:16 pm

The franchise that keeps on putting one step in front of the other is back yet again and Dimension films is looking to capture some of the magic from the past. According to Bloody-Disgusting.com, offers are on the table for Anthony Anderson, Regina Hall and Kevin Hart, who’ve all appeared in at least two of the franchise’s previous four iterations, to come back for the fifth film.

It doesn't end there as the studio has also hired writers Stephen Leff, John Aboud and Michael Colton (the two latter of which helped write The Comebacks) to put the funny back in the horror spoof movie that many noticed was lacking in the later two films.

Although there is still no director for the project the film has officially be slated for a April 20th, 2012 release date. Is there enough spoof left to keep the series going? Pop culture and remakes are always something that can easily be picked on but will the film series get it right? That is yet to be seen. What are your thoughts?

Source: Bloody-Disgusting.com
Shakelford, J. Rusty
Maniac:
Maniac:

Headlines: 532
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: SCARY MOVIE 5 News - Trying To Capture The Magic Of The Past (Will Cast Members Reunit

New postby RAGINGDEMON500 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:43 pm

YES i hope they can come back to the original , because once it hit after 2nd it went down hill.
RAGINGDEMON500
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: Married
Favorite Sub-Genre: Horror-Comedy

Re: SCARY MOVIE 5 News - Trying To Capture The Magic Of The Past (Will Cast Members Reunit

New postby Ryze » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:44 pm

RAGINGDEMON500 wrote:YES i hope they can come back to the original , because once it hit after 2nd it went down hill.

I arguably agree but I think the odds are better than the evens. (1 and 3 vs 2 and 4).
Ryze
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 1
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Foreign

New postby ImTheWolf » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Please. announcing anthony anderson as signed on,isnt a good thing. at least not to me.. its going to be lame as hell. 1 & 2 were good. the rest sucked my ass.
ImTheWolf
New User:
New User:

New postby Matt_Molgaard » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:46 pm

fell asleep 15 minutes into the third one, and that was the last i ever even thought of this "franchise". The first one was funny, the second one had it's moments, then I jumped ship...
Matt_Molgaard
Public Relations Consultant
Public Relations Consultant

Headlines: 380
Relationship: Married
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: Welcome to primetime bitch!

New postby Jonny Sicko » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:34 am

Meh... I can't deal with parodies anymore. "Meet the Spartans", anyone? -_- "Epic Movie"? "Disaster Movie"? Ohhh and then the "Secret Underground...blah" movie with the Sham-Wow guy. I guess he needed a paycheck or his coke dealer was going to come after him with a machete. Why don't they make a movie about that? Better yet, break all the pretenses and call the next parody "Scary Epic Spartan Piece of Shit of a Disaster Movie" - And turn it into a Snuff Film where David Zucker is castrated and fed his own genitals by a Hannibal Lector parody Look-A-Like. I'd pay the $12 admission to see that. ;)
Jonny Sicko
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 13
Favorite Sub-Genre: Horror-Comedy
Favorite Quote: "Be a man, Frank! Be a man!"

New postby Voorhees13 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:54 pm

I sure they get all them back! :D
Voorhees13
New User:
New User:

Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: "As a matter of fact, it was."

Return to Horror Movie Talk