Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Jason Voorhees Returns In JASON XMAS! See The First 2 Parts Right Here!
If you are craving something new from the world of Jason Voorhees then you have come to th…
The Upcoming Miniseries ROSEMARY'S BABY Has A Brand New Trailer!
If you are in the market for some new Horror to watch on your television, you should enjoy…
Inspired By True Events Comes HOUSE OF DUST - See The Trailer Here!
Redding House Asylum. For some, it is a reminder of a different time when medical treatmen…

A Little More Information On SCREAM 5

Bookmark and Share

All breaking horror news and rumors for the month of January, 2012

A Little More Information On SCREAM 5

New postby horror3747 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Being a huge fan of the Scream franchise, I've been scouring the web to find any kind of SCREAM 5 info that some of us may or may not have already known. The only things that we all really know at this point is that director Wes Craven and writer Kevin Williamson are contracted to do a 5th installment in the SCREAM franchise. I must say that I find it kinda hard to say if Craven is actually "locked" into this contract because he previous hinting that he was leaning towards taking a break from making movies. But now the Weinsteins are currently working on a storyline for SCREAM 5, will Wes Craven make a last minute decision and do SCREAM 5 before shooting begins as he nearly did for SCREAM 4? Guess we'll never know until that time comes. One last thing that some of us may have already known is that Hayden Panettiere's Scream 4 character "Kirby Reed" may make an appearance in SCREAM 5, this may be plausible due to the fact that her character was left for dead but never revealed to be dead.

Now here comes some of the things that many of us may not have already known. Two out of the three actors who have appeared in the previous 4 SCREAM films have shown an interest to appear in SCREAM 5, these actors being Neve Cambell and David Arquette, we don't know about Courteney Cox, yet. Now here is something that really struck me, it's being rumored that SCREAM 5 is going to be a continuation of the 4th film, whether or not this is factual remains to be seen.

Now the biggest question for me is - how the hell are they going to do this one? One of the only logical ways that I can see of doing this is if they have another family member become the killer, but how could this be? Because as far as we know, Sidney's family is all gone. Only the people who have seen SCREAM 1-4 will know this because Sidney's mom is dead, her half-brother Roman is dead, her dad is dead *THIS DEATH IS REVEALED IN A DELETED SCENE FOR SCREAM 4 (not murdered only revealed as dead)* and her cousin Jill and her aunt Kate are also dead.

So how do you guys think this one will go?

SOURCES:SCREAMTRILOGY.NET, Scream wiki
horror3747
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 22
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: What's your favorite scary movie?
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: A Little More Information On SCREAM 5

New postby zuzek1996 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:07 am

Kevin for sure will come up with something genius as always, I'm just waiting for it!
zuzek1996
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0

New postby Silverpsycho » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:16 pm

I'm looking forward to this because the 4th was one heck of a nice surprise. I'll be even more psyched if Kirby is indeed in there and not just utilized for flashback reasons or the like. Her character was awesome and I'd even go for her being the new Sidney/heroine to take over if the movies keep on comin'. I was skeptical of the Scream franchise there for awhile. I'll always love the original (mostly for the opening scene), the 2nd was okay, the 3rd...yikes and the 4th was awesome and rejuvenated my love of ghost face and all that is Scream. Now, I'm open and looking forward to whatever comes next without much expectation.
Silverpsycho
New User:
New User:

Favorite Sub-Genre: Zombie

New postby JBM2005 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:37 pm

if u saw the commentary for scream 5, they say they shot Jill in the chest (instead of the head), so the character could come back for the 5th movie
JBM2005
New User:
New User:

Favorite Quote: "I wanna talk to Jill"

New postby horror3747 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:37 pm

if u saw the commentary for scream 5, they say they shot Jill in the chest (instead of the head), so the character could come back for the 5th movie

Its really hard to say on this one, although she might not have been confirmed as dead but it isn't fully revealed that she survived either, the only way to find out is to wait until SCREAM 5 is released in theaters after its completion.
horror3747
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 22
Favorite Quote: What's your favorite scary movie?

New postby darkerdays » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:55 pm

It would be stupid to make Jill invincible. You can't tell me she may be alive still, because she wasn't shot in the head. It seemed like she was shot in the sternum. She would definitely be dead. There are a few things that have me wondering about SCREAM 4... Was it Charlie who called Jill in the car asking her, "What's your favorite scary move?" , because when you first see him, he is with his geek friend. Something isn't adding up, but going into SCREAM 4, Kevin had an idea that stretched into 3 movies, so he may have this one planned out. I don't think Courteney would dismiss herself from being casted in SCREAM 5. I hope Kirby has nothing to do with the murders, because that would ruin her character. When I went to see SCREAM 4, and I studied the characters in theaters, my first reaction was: "Oh, my God, I see what they're doing. One of the cops will be alive, replacing David Arquette, and the publicist would be replacing Gale, and then the new heroine would be Jill. NO!" Thank God it did not happen that way, but then again... who knows? There's also a possibility the "Wear the vest, save your chest." bitch could be the killer... Fricken' psycho eyes, and that weird conversation with Sidney. Why was she so close to the house when Jill's mother died anyways? There has to be someone else involved, so if it is true that SCREAM 5 picks up after SCREAM 4, most likely it will take place in the Hospital, where in the beginning, a nurse will be stalked, and asked the famous question, and then, it will be the SCREAM SERIES' HALLOWEEN 2 tribute.
darkerdays
New User:
New User:

Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Thriller

New postby darkdeepwoods16 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:10 pm

kirby was the only character i really liked in the scream 4 (probably because i have a huge crush on her ha), but, even though i would love her to be back, idk if it would work, even though she was never revealed to be dead. idk, maybe they can come up with something great, but scream 4 was very disappointing, they might as well start fresh.
darkdeepwoods16
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 4
Favorite Quote: My, my. What big eyes you have.
Next

Return to January/2012