Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Potential Is Shown In This Trailer For The Upcoming Torture Horror Flick LOVE OF MY LIFE
In this world one of the greatest things that we could ever know is love. People toss that…
Trailer For The Sci-Fi Horror EJECTA
Seeing a strange object in the sky that is unknown can be a very scary thing. At first gla…
Here Is The Crazy Trailer For The Twisted Paranormal Thriller DELIVERY: THE BEAST WITHIN
Coming to theaters and VOD next month is the paranormal thriller directed by Brian Netto,…

The Release Date For Paranormal Activity 5 Has Been Set!

Bookmark and Share

All breaking horror news and rumors for the month of November, 2012

The Release Date For Paranormal Activity 5 Has Been Set!

New postby Brian Massey » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:52 am

With a dismal box office showing compared to the previous installments, Paranormal Activity 5 is a go as previously reported. Although no details have surfaced thus far concerning who will be directing the film, or handling the writing duties. It's very feasible to predict that Paramount will stick to its guns and bring back the former pair of Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman to direct fifth installment.

Deadline is reporting that the film will “advance the story,” but their report gives no indication as to who demonic Toby will be terrorizing (or possessing) this time. With all that said, a piece of concrete news has come forth regarding the release date of the film. As speculated PA 5 will hit theaters on October 25th, 2013, but will there be enough faithful's to keep the series alive, or will this be the last installment the finally ends the $350,000,000 grossing franchise?

Source: the 'Bid, Screen Rant
Brian Massey

HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: The Release Date For Paranormal Activity 5 Has Been Set!

New postby JohnCorley92 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:25 pm

I dont get where they are going to take this story. I think 2 was a great ending, and i think that if done right Paranormal 3 should have been the last. Part 4 was horrible, nothing happened. The ending was pathetic, and it wasnt scary in any way. Every movie they bring up more questions, that they dont want to answer. Then they NEVER answer them, they just keep leaving it open. Personally i think that if they are going ahead with 5 (which is sad) they need to go all out. Be fucking in your face, brutal and intense. The first 3 should have ended it all, because i dont see where they are going with it. Just like part 2, the demon has the kid again. Wasnt that the whole point of the series??
JohnCorley92
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 42
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: Thats not a real word, but keep trying!

Re: The Release Date For Paranormal Activity 5 Has Been Set!

New postby joshk1986 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:13 am

As a huge fan of the first 4, I hope they do wrap it up with this one. It's pretty clear from box office takings and reviews that the series are running out of steam pretty damn fast.

But as JohnCorley92 says, I have no clue where they would take it. I feel like they could have really ended it with the 4th ending.
joshk1986
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 3
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: Somebody blows their nose and you want to keep it?

Return to November/2012